2nd week: oral presentations and exam!

The 2nd week of my practicum is already over and I’m quite pleased about it. I’ve definitely chosen the group I’m going to monitor, 4th of ESO, and even though this week I’ve been attending to all three groups, from now on I’m going to focus on mine.
So, what has been going on in 4th of ESO during this last week?

On Tuesday Mercè asked the students to do a project about a city in order to present it orally. This will count as an oral grade, so it’s important. They’ve to choose a city of the world and look for information related to it, such as the population, what is known for, facts about it, important facilities, etc. Then they’ve to create a handwritten poster and present it to the rest of the class. At first, it was supposed to be done in a week, but they were a bit reluctant to do it and try to get more time. So at last, Mercè gave them an extra week.
They had to collect all the information needed and bring it to the Thursday class in order to work in the classroom and show it to Mercè so she could correct it. Some of them did it, and other didn’t. The ones who did it, kept on working on the computers (Thursday class is done in “Aula d’idiomes”, which has some computers, a projector and so forth) and the others had some exercises to do. I think they’ve to do their presentations on next Thursday, so I’ll explain you how it develops.

On Friday they had an exam! I helped Mercè in proctoring the exam and it was quite funny because some students wanted me to help them and asked me if an answer was correct or not, just as if they were children! I had a quick glance at what some of them were writing while I paced around the classroom and I noticed that some of them were making a lot of grammar mistakes. We’ll see how it goes!