A Wearable Motorcycle?

The Tuesday session was a bit stressful, because I wanted to talk about 3 cities, and also, due to technical planning I had to play the final PowerPoint presentation to review all the contents that we had been working on. Conclusions: too many things for a 55 minutes class! I know it! But as I considered that the presentation was more important because I’m going to use it to check out what they’ve learnt, we worked on Philadelphia, Washington DC and Las Vegas veeery quickly!

Like the first presentation, this one was also very successful. They could locate all the cities worked in class and they recognized all the photographs. Even students with more difficulties to learn English were really engaged with the presentations.

On Friday, for the last session, I prepared an exercise to work on groups based on 4 different texts. Three of them were about the Greenest American cities, and the last one had nothing to do with US cities, but I chose it because I thought that it would catch their attention. It is called A Wearable Motorcycle. As a matter of fact, it attracted my attention when I was looking for interesting readings for my students. So I decided to adapt it to their level and made them watch the video related.

The session was great, but a bit messy at the end. During the first half an hour they worked more or less concentrated and in a relative silence, but gradually they started talking and getting distracted.

I’ve noticed that working in small groups is more difficult than it could seem, because you can’t be everywhere at once. Maybe with a couple of assistants...