Do you know where is Grey’s Anatomy set?

They couldn’t tell me which recent very important political figure was senator for Illinois and live in Chicago, but obviously, they know where is set Grey’s Anatomy TV series, in Seattle, of course!

In this session I introduced a new exercise that I hadn’t planned at first. The day before I assisted to my practicum mate class, who was implementing his Didactic Unit about cinema with 1st of Batxillerat students. One of the exercises that they made was a Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) song in which they had to fill the gaps with conditional tense verbs. It was a very successful exercise so I decided to do it myself and implement a Nirvana song at the end of my session, as I was going to explain them that grunge was a musical subgenre that emerged in Seattle during the mid-1980s. So I thought that it would be a great opportunity to play a Nirvana song, The Man who Sold the World.

As expected, the song was a very successful activity. To the point that they started suggesting me a lot of songs for other sessions. At the end, I had to tell them that I would like work with all these songs, but that this was the English class, not the Music one.